Indoor Climbing Ropes | Tan Polypropylene
$105.00 – $445.00
- 1.25″, 1.5″ & 2″ diameter premium 3-strand polypropylene rope
- Holds up well to abrasion
- Indoor metal fitting on top
- Add a 1/2″ OD link for quick and easy attachment
Our Indoor Gymnasium Climbing ropes are made with 1.25″, 1.50″ & 2″ premium grade polypropylene rope. Polypropylene, or ‘Unmanila’, ropes consist of a specially manufactured polypropylene material which looks like natural fiber ropes with superior strength and 2/3 the weight. Particularly popular on elementary level. Top of the climbing rope is fitted with steel clamp and welded eye for easy attachment. Choice of 4 different bottom options to prevent unraveling and 3 different climbing assist options.
Decide which rope:
Step 1: Choose between our rope options (see pictures);
- Natural Manila Rope: Traditional, superior quality, pure “Grade A” manila rope. Best manila in the industry. This natural fiber rope absorbs perspiration for the best grip and is extremely durable, very little splinters.
- Poly Dacron Rope: These ropes introduce an extremely soft rope material as well as having excellent moisture and UV resistance characteristics. Has an extremely strong and lightweight polypropylene core with a soft and durable polyester outside jacket layer similar to the feel of cotton. Available in white, black or tan.
- Polypropylene Rope: Polypro ‘Unmanila’ ropes consist of a specially manufactured polypropylene material which looks like natural fiber ropes with superior strength and 2/3 the weight. Particularly popular on elementary level.
Step 2: Choose diameter;
- 1.25in diameter: Popular with elementary & grade school children.
- 1.5in diameter: Most popular among all ages, from high schools to military training.
- 2in diameter: Larger size proves for a much harder climbing challenge.
Step 3: Choose the length;
- Gymnastics Rules: State that climbing ropes without bottom knots should be long enough so that at least 42″ of rope is on the floor. Measure distance from floor to overhead girder and add 3.5′.*
- Regular Gymnasium: Climbing ropes should be distance between the floor and the bottom of the overhead girder minus 1′.*
- we can custom cut any rope you need.
* special considerations for beam clamps are not included in these measurements
- 2 | Boot: 6″ heat shrink plastic boot glued over 3” of whipping.
- 3 | Leather Seat: Heavy duty leather seat on top of hand woven turk knot tied in place.
- 4 | Braided: 15” hand woven back splice up from bottom of rope.
- 5 | Anchor Clamp: Steel clamp and welded eye fitting placed on bottom of rope for easy anchoring.
Step 5: Choose between our knot options/climbing assists (see pictures);
- No Knots: Traditional rope with no knots. Tougher and more challenging.
- RGK | Rest Grip Knots: Woven grip knots are 3 ply, hand-woven on rope using durable braided rope extending approximately 3/8″ from surface for hand grips and foot holds when ascending & rest areas descending. Standard spacing is every 18” although they can be custom placed anywhere on the rope.
- BK | Beginner/Big Knots: Large overhand knots fabricated from 3-strand rope tied into the rope itself creating large platforms. Standard spacing is every 18” although they can be custom placed anywhere on the rope. NOTE: Ropes with BK-1 knots will appear shorter than requested size. To realize full size, install and apply the weight of an adult until knots are tight and rope has stretched. To shorten rope, tie an additional knot at top of rope. To lengthen rope, untie a knot at top of rope. Each knot uses 1 foot of material.
- RB | Rubber Balls: Very durable and very strong molded 3″ diameter rubber balls bolted in place on rope for hand grip and foot hold assistance. Standard spacing is every 18” although they can be custom placed anywhere on the rope. NOTE: Rubber balls have a limit of 120 lbs and are recommended for elementary age children.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Climbing Assistance knots and balls on ropes greatly decrease life expectancy of rope due to the concentration of friction focused on the rope directly above each knot. Inspect frequently and replace when needed.
300 lbs SWL (Safe Working Load)
Rope Combinations Available
|Rope Dia||Boot (2)||Seat (3)||Braided (4)||Anchor (5)||BKs||RGKs||RBs|
View and download:
**Dealer applications available**
** Remember to always use appropriate mats or material under and around all climbing equipment. All sporting and PE activities carry the risk of injury to the participants. Improperly maintained equipment and inadequately supervised programs are significant contributing factors. All equipment must be thoroughly inspected and maintained to reduce the risk to the users.
For further information regarding Jammar equipment and products please contact your dealer or call us at 1-860-451-8163